Acupuncture is the insertion of very thin needles in specific points on the body to balance the flow of Qi (pronounced ‘Chee’).
Acupuncture is part of a medical system and integrated approach to health maintenance and treatment of disease.
How Does Acupuncture Work?
Qi is the internal energy which circulates through the body along central pathways known as meridians. The obstruction or deficiency of Qi will eventually lend to pain and illness. Acupuncture stimulates the points along the meridians to adjust and balance the flow of Qi and restore health.
Will Acupuncture Help Me?
The World Health Organization recognizes acupuncture and traditional Asian medicine’s ability to treat over 43 common disorders, including:
- Bone, joint and muscular disorders
- Nervous system disorders
- Gynecological disorders
- Emotional disorders (depression, anxiety)
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Respiratory disorders (asthma)
- Circulatory disorders
- Urogenital disorders
- Chronic, painful, debilitating disorders
- Fertility (male & female)
- Pregnancy disorders (nausea, high blood pressure, labor
At Ki Acupuncture we believe in treating the underlying cause of a condition -not just the symptoms- which is the primary focus of traditional Asian medicine.