Category : Asian Herbal Medicine
Traditional and Herbal Asian Medicine
What is Traditional Asian Medicine?
- Traditional Asian Medicine is a comprehensive natural health care system that has been used to diagnose, treat, and prevent illness for thousand of years in Asian countries.
- It is based on a concept of vital energy or Qi (pronounced ‘Chee’) that flows throughout the body.
- It regulates a person’s spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical balance and is influenced by the opposing forces of yin and yang.
- Pain and ill-health result when the flow of Qi is disrupted or blocked by many things, including disease, pathogens, trauma/injuries and meditation, as well as lifestyle factors such as overwork, lack of rest, poor diet, emotions, and stress.
What is Unique About Herbal Asian Medicine?
- Gives you Energy.
What Does the Treatment Involve?
- Holistic approach and individualization are the two unique characteristics of Traditional Asian Medicine.
- Asian Medicine Theory involves looking at the physical, emotional, spiritual health of the person, rather than merely addressing the physical symptoms.
- Asian medicine recognizes that people are individuals with different constitutions and relationship to the environment, and treatments are tailored for each person’s special requirements.
What Does it Include?
- Asian Herbal Medicine includes plants, minerals, and animal products, which have been in use for over 5,000 years.
- Each herb has a different taste, as well as a different temperature.
- Herbs can nourish and tone the body; disperse and move Qi and blood; and purge and clear heat.
- Depending on the condition and syndrome, we will help you choose different properties of herbs to create a formula that addresses your particular needs.